Dumpstaphunk stands out among New Orleans’ best as one of the funkiest bands to ever arise from the Crescent City. Born on the Jazz & Heritage Festival stage, and descended from Neville family bloodlines, these soldiers of funk ignite a deep, gritty groove that dares listeners not to move. Their performances combine ingenious musicianship and complex funk and jazz arrangements with soulful melodies that are simple enough for anyone to enjoy. In Big Easy tradition, dueling baselines from Tony Hall and Nick Daniels III set off one of the dirtiest rhythm sections on the planet, while Ivan Neville lights up the Hammond B3 keys and cousin Ian Neville’s funky guitar riffs send the groove into overdrive. The band recently welcomed their newest member, Alvin Ford Jr. to the quintet, a New Orleans born and raised powerhouse drummer. Dumpstaphunk tosses around lead vocals and four-part harmonies the way Sly & the Family Stone did, but with three studio albums under their belt, Dumpstaphunk stands on the merit of their own material. Songs like “Dancin’ To The Truth” off their latest record, Dirty Word (Red Hot Records), offer an escape into the funky sublime, sharing the true spirit of New Orleans with every note.
“Dumpstaphunk has thrived in the New Orleans funk scene alongside some of the best in the business.” – NPR World Cafe
“I don’t expect to hear anything funkier this year.”
– New York Times
“Dumpstaphunk’s ‘If I’m In Luck’ brings the bass.”
– USA Today
“Dumpstaphunk’s self-produced sonic approach feels live, nasty, and greasy.”
“Dirty Word offers a remarkably fresh update on a sometimes neglected genre.”
– Mix Magazine
“Dumpstaphunk make a convincing case that party music can rattle the bones and brighten the mind.”
– Relix Magazine
“Dumpstaphunk have steadily expanded their sound to achieve global funk success. Dirty Word is the latest from the band and shows off the professional funkateers in winning fashion.”
– Glide Magazine
“[Dumpstaphunk] has a few simple missions on its second full-length CD: To make a modern album steeped in the funk tradition… [and] to change the world.”
– Offbeat Magazine
“While live Dumpstaphunk is all about groove, this disc gives equal weight to Ivan Neville’s songwriting.”
– Offbeat Magazine
“When this jackpot of a funk record from Dumpstaphunk came across the desk, well…it warranted a mention.”
– WNYC, New Sounds Blog
• Dumpstaphunk released political song and video, ‘Justice’ on inauguration day 2017.
• Band to release live double disc album in 2016 featuring special guests Mike Gordon, John Popper, Art “Poppa Funk” Neville, John Oates, Lukas Nelson, Angelo Moore, Nicki Bluhm, Natalie Cressman, Brandon “TAZ” Niederauer, Big Chief, Mojo Hanna, Jon Cleary and The SteelTown Horns
• Lit up Jam Cruise 14 with special guest sit ins from Oteil Burbridge, Trombone Shorty, Eric Krasno, Nigel Hall, Amy Helm, Cris Jacobs, SteelTown Horns and many more
• 12th consecutive year performing at New Orleans Jazz and Blues Heritage Festival since 2004
• Recent & upcoming performances at Kaboo Music Festival (San Diego, CA), Joshua Tree Music Festival (Joshua Tree, CA), Jam Cruise (Miami, FL), Essence Festival (New Orleans, LA), Voodoo Music Festival (New Orleans, LA), Lockn Music Festival (Arrington, VA), Dave Matthews Caravan (Quincy, WA), Camp Barefoot (Bartow, WV), Peach Music Festival (Scranton, PA), Suwannee Hulaween Festival (Live Oak, FL), LEAF Festival (Black Mountain, NC), Gathering of The Vibes (Bridgeport, CT) Caloundra Festival (Brisbane, Australia), Outside Lands Music Festival (San Francisco, CA), Bonnaroo (Manchester, TN)
• Ivan Neville featured keyboard player on Keith Richards’ Crosseyed Heart album, released Sept 2015
• Ivan Neville toured with Trombone Shorty for his Winter 2015 Tour
• Ivan Neville charity performance with Marty Grebb, Bonnie Raitt and Leon Russell at Agoura Hills, CA – May 2015
• Performed at the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans, LA for “The Nevilles Forever, A Celebration of The Nevilles” tribute concert with members of the original band including Art Neville, Aaron Neville, Cyril Neville – May 2015
• Band welcomes New Orleans born and raised Alvin Ford JR as new drummer in 2014
• “Best Funk Band” for Offbeat Magazine’s “Best of The Beat” Awards 2014, 2013
• “Best Funk Band” for Gambit Weekly’s Big Easy Awards – March 2014, 2013
• Dancin To The Truth official music video premiered on Wall Street Journal – Dec 2013
• 5 night run supporting Lionel Richie in LA, Brooklyn, San Jose, ATL, Houston – Sept/Oct 2013
Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers:
• Fantastic 6-piece band from the great State of Michigan who blend funk, electronic, jam, americana, pop, and indie rock to create their own unique sound.
• The band has released 6 albums or EPs since 2009, either independently or via Bad Mascot. “Pluto”, thier latest project, was released in 2017.
• The band has accumulated over 90k monthly listeners and 6k followers on Spotify, and have played festivals such as Bonnaroo, Electric Forest, Bliss Festival, MoPop, and many others.
• JH&TRS perform at a wide variety of clubs and theaters around the great lakes region, and pull in 100-300 people in most other major markets around the country.
• A ride on the Rainbow will take you across the mountains of Motown, through the fjords of folk, over the archipelagos of Americana, and, at last, into a funky firth, where only the fiercest of friendships can be found.